Digitized. Decentralized. Democratized.
Who we are:
'Smart Sherpas' is a Tokenization Platform & Advisory services firm which helps businesses to tokenize, securitize and trade their assets through the use of blockchain technology and smart contract automation.
#ENABLE businesses to digitize their assets and raise capital through the issuance of regulatory-compliant security tokens and security token offerings (STOs).
#EMPOWER investors around the globe through access to fractional ownership rights in the form of security tokens.
#IMPROVE existing capital markets through the use of DLT technology to disintermediate transactions, eliminate existing friction and inefficiencies.
#CREATE new markets and liquidity through unlocking the potential of the Alternative Assets class.
By the numbers:
Trillions of dollars of financial assets will transition to blockchain in the next 10 years.
Global Real Estate
Global Debt & Equity
State of the industry:
- "Over the past several years, rapid developments in the global economic environment have pushed asset management to the forefront of social and economic change... Between now and 2020, alternative assets are expected to grow to $13.6tn in our base case scenario and to $15.3tn [or double] in our high case scenario."
- [Digitization could] "...unlock the estimated $100 trillion of value ... over the next decade."
- "The Most Innovative Projects Will Involve The Tokenization Of Assets. This has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies or tokens used as a payment instrument on blockchain. Representing digital or physical assets as tokens on a DLT-based network allows participants to reinvent processes and develop new business models. This is uncharted territory from both a business and technology perspective."
- "Asset-based coins will eventually replace small-cap stocks and IPOs"
- "10% of global gross domestic product (GDP) will be stored on blockchain technology by 2027"
- "Blockchain could be one of the most disruptive innovations since the advent of the internet... Although institutions are at different stages of experimentation, most now believe it could take 3-5 yrs for blockchain to have a material impact."
- "Global authorities, including ESMA, should consider developing a specific set of principles, rules and regulations to deal with DLT for securities holdings and transactions, or review and modify existing laws and regulations."
- "New technologies have radically altered front-office functions for investment banks, bringing unprecedented efficiency gains and new business opportunities."
- "Wall Street sees an opportunity to hack its own complexities using this new tool. Blockchain technology could help banks reduce the clutter and cost of numerous complex processes."
- “The prize on offer is a world where all capital market participants work from common datasets, in near real time and where supporting operations are either streamlined or made redundant.”
- "In our latest 'The DNA of the CFO' study, 58% of the finance leaders identified “digital” as one of the four forces disrupting the CFO role. Blockchain technology is a significant component of this digital trend; it is one of the most fascinating and impactful digital disruptions shaking up the finance function."
- "[Token Offerings] are quickly replacing traditional VC funding models, effectively cutting out the middleman by allowing companies to raise their own funds directly. Hybrid models combining classic VC & PE funding with [Token Offerings] are also increasingly establishing themselves as a valid funding alternative."
What is Security Token Offering (STO)?
Token Offerings vs. IPO market
Security Tokens are essentially converted rights to an asset or to an economic benefit in the form of a programmable token powered by a self-executing smart contract on a blockchain. Technological advances enabled the origination of a nascent industry of Smart Securities, including debt and equity security tokens.
Security Token Offerings to the public are known as STOs. In 2018 token offerings accounted for 11%+ of the global IPO market and are effectively posing a challenge to the current status quo in the financial services industry.
- Funds raised via Token Offerings ($21.4 Billion)
- Funds raised via IPOs ($188.8 Billion)
Token Offerings' Share
of Global IPO Market
The promise of DLT
24/7/365 Market Access
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Join the #SmartSherpas Conversation
Connect with Smart Sherpas’ community of businesses and investors on social media.